Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior Machine Learning (ML) Engineer
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $110 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in early 2020, less than 8 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 1000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are seeking an all-star ML Engineer to join our small but growing data engineering team. As an early hire, you will be responsible for building the backbone for machine learning needs across on the Attentive platform. You’ll work with Product Management and Engineering to implement data science use cases. If you are a self starter and motivated by making a huge impact, then you may be a good fit for this role.
You @ Attentive:
- You have worked professionally building applications for 6+ years with experience on a single application long enough to see the consequences of your decisions.
- You have extensive experience using machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques or similar, to build scalable systems and data-driven products, working with cross-functional teams.
- You have a proven track record of building scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- You have a proven track record of building applications that maintain a high bar of quality.
- You understand how to negotiate with Product Management to meet the user’s needs without sacrificing quality or accruing tech debt. You deeply loathe regressions and take proactive steps to protect against them through a variety of testing techniques.
- You are excited by new technologies but are conscious of choosing them for the right reasons.
- You are constantly improving the quality of the project you are working on, both via code contributions as well as long-term advocacy for larger scale changes.
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced work environment of an early stage startup
Nice to have:
- Experience with Spark, Flink, or similar tools.
- You have proficiency or experience with Python
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.