Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager/ Executive to join us to expand our global business development efforts. As we further our mission to inspire the world to sell, we need to ensure we grow sustainably with healthy revenue streams. This role will be able to execute swiftly to acquire new merchants as well as upsell/ cross-sell existing merchants and be responsible for the after-sales services to maintain a strong and healthy relationship with existing clients. If you enjoy meeting up with new people and passionate about the E-commerce industry then read on!
Internal Job Title: Sales Assoc Specialist/Sales Sr Associate
- Enjoy and thrive to work in a startup environment
- Be able to identify new sales leads
- Pitch new products/services thru solution selling
- Maintain a strong working relationship with existing clients
- Research on organizations and individuals to understand the nature of your client base
- Contacting potential clients via email or telephone to set up appointments to establish rapport
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events
- 3-4 years’ experience in the merchant services industry (candidates with stronger experiences will be considered as BDM)
- Have a strong passion in ecommerce/ classified
- Proactive, team player and able to articulate strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service and rapport building skills
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Experience working in startup-like environments. Marketplace, classifieds or ecommerce industry experience is a plus.