An end-to-end sales analytics and forecasting platform.
Senior Data Platform Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
At Clari, we are at the forefront of AI and automation to help companies make better business decisions and improve sales execution with real-time access to actionable analytics and predictive insights. We have been declared as a must-have in establishing revenue confidence for customers during unpredictable times. We're continuing to innovate, collaborate, and push the limits to build the only Connected Revenue Operations Platform and is used by over 50,000 marketing, sales, and customer success professionals across 170 companies such as Okta, Zoom, Medallia, Adobe, and Atlassian. Together, we help others realize their fullest potential by transforming their revenue operations to be connected, efficient, and predictable.
We’re seeking talented veteran software engineers to join the team that’s building the data management and data science infrastructure for Clari’s analytics and insights.
In this team you’ll have the opportunity to lead a variety of projects involving data pipelines, data management, machine learning infrastructure and API design and development, to name just a few, all working within our native cloud-based application stack.
As a senior software engineer, you’ll organize development efforts, mentor junior engineers, and set and maintain high standards of engineering excellence. You’ll also work with exceptionally talented peers and architects, and will never run out of opportunities to continue learning, honing your skills and growing your career.
You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, and others in a cross-functional environment on multiple projects, from concept phase through testing, launch and ongoing operations.
What You’ll Have The Opportunity To Do
- Design and build software components that implement key aspects of the full data lifecycle, including acquisition, transformation, management, export, and analytics
- Create the software the enables our industry-leading machine learning insights to be delivered at enterprise scale
- Build APIs and interfaces to deliver key analytic and data science insights
- Write scalable, robust, and fully-tested software for deployment in mission-critical production environments
- Design the data infrastructure architecture for driving large-scale data science projects
To Be Successful In This Role, Here’s What You Should Have
- BS, M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a relevant technical field strongly preferred. Rock-solid computer science fundamentals are essential.
- 5+ years of professional server development experience using Java or similar object-oriented languages for server-side development
- Experience leading successful software projects from inception through deployment
- Knowledge of SQL (e.g. Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture - web servers, load balancing, caching, databases etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and algorithm scaling.
- A passion for answering questions from analysis of data.
- Experience in developing data-driven web applications.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends in web application development, including Amazon AWS ecosystem.
- Experience building and using RESTful APIs.
You’re Already Ahead If You Have
- A proven track record of developing applications that are widely used
- Experience with multi-threading, replication etc. concepts in cloud applications.
- Familiarity with large scale business intelligence applications.
- Knowledge of distributed machine learning platforms like Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Mahout or GraphLab
- Experience leading software projects from inception to completion
Benefits and Culture
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility support
- College savings plan
- Stock options
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about “Being Remarkable”. To Clari, remarkable means many things. First and foremost, we believe in providing work that’s interesting and meaningful, in an environment that’s nurturing and inclusive, that is free from discrimination for each and every team member without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work/life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work, several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!