Shared inbox for teams.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
Front was featured in Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Zapier’s Apps at Work Report: The Fastest Growing Apps of 2019, the Bay Area’s Great Places to Work, and of course Glassdoor.
While powerful, Front is a complex product. We are looking fora Full Stack Engineer to help us make Front more familiar, easy to use and understand. To be successful in this role you must be a quick learner, have proven software development skills, enjoy solving hard problems, and work well in a small, cross-functional, dynamic team.
What will you be doing?
- Design and contribute to sub-systems to make Front a better, more powerful collaboration software.
- Work closely with product managers, product designers and other engineers to conceptualize, build and test new features.
What skills & experience do you need?
- 5+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications.
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. Node.js ES6, TypeScript, React
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application.
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment.
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism.
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Experience in API design
- Experience working with complex data models at scale
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.