SaaS HR platform for mid-market companies
About the Role
The Senior Accountant is a key role within the Namely Finance team and is one that requires deep financial experience. Namely is an exciting, fast growing environment, which means the Finance team is responsible for providing meaningful information to aid fast paced business decisions. We’re looking for ambitious high performers who want to contribute in building something special and grow with us as we grow. If you want to be challenged, own the numbers, and join an amazing team, we’re excited to talk to you about the Sr. Accountant position.
- Maintain company general ledger, monthly close process, account reconciliations
- Responsible for reconciliation, controls and financial reporting over Namely Payroll Trust including but not limited to subsidiary ledger reconciliations
- Develop and execute on internal controls to ensure high accuracy
- Assist in closing out all other subsidiary modules and post entries to GL
- Ensure completeness and proper recording of all expense transactions including travel and credit card programs
- Develop accounting estimates such as revenue accruals and provisions
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP and that conform to the company budget process monthly. Annual financial statements to include Notes.
- Prepare detailed schedules and technical accounting memorandum to support complex accounting treatment.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Communicate with independent auditors to ensure an efficient audit process
- Support revenue transactions related to brokerage and subscription business
- Support management of equity/stock compensation related matters between general ledger and company’s equity management system
- Support order to cash and purchase to pay operations
- Other projects as requested including but not limited to projections, budget support, audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 3-5 years corporate experience, included but not limited to audit experience with SaaS business
- Systems knowledge preferred (NetSuite, Zuora, Salesforce)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Strong analytic and financial statement review skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills