Education technology to empower learning.
Durham, NC, US
At its core, education has a fundamental data problem: schools run on legacy infrastructure that's impossible for developers to build on top of. We're on a mission to replace the terrible things that engineers have to do to build classroom software (think nightly CSV FTP transfers) with an API that feels more like Facebook's or Stripe's. On the school-facing side, we're looking to become a single place where schools can discover, integrate, and evaluate the dozens of in-class applications they're using.
When we started seven years ago, four schools used Clever. Today, Clever is used by over 78,000 schools, making it the fastest-growing company in education. We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
A Day in the Life
Interns at Clever work alongside full-time engineers, improving existing products and creating apps that live on top of Clever. Our very first intern wrote an iPhone app on the Clever platform that spread to over a thousand schools on the day it was released. Another intern wrote an app that let schools provision Google accounts, which now manages over 2 million student and teacher accounts.
This is exclusively a summer 2021 (May - August / June - September) opportunity.
- Must be graduating in or before June 2022. Why is this? Clever only offers internships to college students who will be graduating within 9 months of their internship’s completion because we view internships as a path to a full-time offer. The internship program lets us identify and mentor future engineers, while offering the the intern a chance to see what it's like to be part of the Clever team. At the end of the internship, we hope to be able to build on a great summer by extending our interns an offer to come back and join us!
- Relevant coursework in computer science.
- Past projects demonstrating strong coding ability.
- A desire to grow as an engineer through collaboration, code reviews, and learning new languages/technologies.
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment