Security cameras backed by smart software.
Senior Backend Software Engineer - Search
San Mateo, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our Computer Vision team, you will collect and analyze visual and non-visual data to create and train models that can be deployed to alert customers to situations of interest. If the thought of modernizing an old industry while making the world a more secure place appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Recent Projects for This Role Include
- Build scalable backend systems that can support indexing hundreds of millions of image data every day
- Build scalable backend systems for recognizing objects and hundreds of millions of images every day
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, preferably with industry experience
- 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
- Mastery of at least one common server programming language
- Mastery of scalable backend design, including databases, queues and blob storage
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.