Security cameras backed by smart software.
Software Engineer, Embedded Systems - University Graduate, 2021
San Mateo, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We are looking for software engineers who thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As part of the Software Engineering team, you’ll have ownership of one or more projects on various teams including backend/infrastructure, mobile, or frontend/UI. You will work across the full software stack and collaborate cross functionally to build the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software enabling our best-in-class security systems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the embedded and server-side software for our fleet of devices.
- Effectively manage priorities, deadlines, and deliverables on all projects.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems outside of your normal scope.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, something similar or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ internships in software engineering.
- Mastery of at least one practical programming language.
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Work experience with: C, USB, I2C, Yocto, etc.
- Familiar with Linux servers, Linux device drivers, Linux kernel patches, secure operating systems and security focused programming.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.