An on-demand delivery service.
San Francisco, CA, US
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager of DoorDash’s A/B Testing Experimentation Platform, your scope and impact will be enormous given the data driven culture and the expanding and complex business and product needs of a growing successful company. Given the scope and impact, this role requires an experienced leader who brings passion, the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, and the ability to hire, sustain and build a top-class team.
About the Team
The Experimentation & Insights Platform team’s goal is to enable Doordash to innovate, optimize and grow with safety and reliability using data driven methodologies. This goal is achieved by building and operating an intelligence & insights driven experimentation platform.
The team consists of engineers who work on the end to end workflow of experiments & feature flags, statistical analysis of experiment data, telemetry, monitoring of metrics. The team supports these products via user groups, evangelization, consultation and troubleshooting support for the growing Experimentation needs of the company. The articles published on Switchback experiments and network effect here (1), here (2) and here (3) provide some insight into the use cases and needs of the business.
What You'll Achieve
- Drive vision & strategy for building the experimentation platform charter.
- You will bring your expertise in building and operating high scale systems with a focus on reliability and quality of analyzed data.
- A well run, successful team via coaching, mentoring and providing technical and career guidance.
- Build, sustain, and grow a diverse team to address the growing needs of the organization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders building solutions on top of the platform
- A positive and supportive work culture.
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever is right and just to succeed
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
What You'll Need
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of industry experience
- You have at least 2 years experience in an engineering management role.
- Prior experience in Systems Engineering - you've built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems
- Familiarity with statistical data processing & analyzing tools
- Familiarity with a cloud based environment such as AWS
- Experience building or using A/B testing infrastructure.
- Deep understanding of Statistics, ML/AI and large scale Data processing
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.