Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 7 countries, 19 major cities with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
We are now looking for Backend Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in SG.
- Design and build scalable APIs for the Carousell marketplace platform.
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests.
- Work with the infrastructure team on deploying, scaling and performance optimization.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture.
- User obsession and empathy.
- Drive and resourcefulness to persevere and overcome obstacles achieving challenging goals.
- Focus on impact and results. You work on the right things and get them done.
- High integrity and ability to positively collaborate with others
- Experience in either Go, Python, Django/Flask, RESTful APIs
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and performant code making use of appropriate design principles and patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS such as PostgreSQL and technologies such as Redis, Cassandra, Kafka, Lucene / Elasticsearch / Solr.
- Strong experience in optimizing the performance of backend systems and scaling infrastructure components.
- Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices architecture and associated principles.
- Experience with TDD/BDD and agile methodologies
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
Good to have:
- Experience with online classifieds marketplace.
- Knowledge of managing data consistency in distributed systems.
- Experience working with asynchronous systems.