Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Chief of Staff, Client Strategy
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
NEW YORK CITY (OR REMOTE)
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $110 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in early 2020, less than 8 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 1000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
The Chief of Staff position combines strategy, operations, project and process management, execution skill sets. This role will be responsible for a variety of tasks and projects with the aim of enabling the SVP of Client Strategy to be as effective as possible. The ideal candidate is analytical, collaborative, and outcome-oriented with strong project management and communication skills. They will need to manage many threads at once and effectively hold others accountable. They’ll be responsible for spinning up systems to run day-to-day operations more efficiently and responding quickly to urgent and important issues as they arise. Over time, they’ll be responsible for planning and executing more complex and strategic projects.
● Drive operational improvements on day-to-day processes within the Client Strategy organization
● Create and ensure the successful execution of new processes to enable the organization to scale effectively
● Increase the productivity of meetings within the CS organization by owning the planning, agenda, notes, and required action items discussed in the meetings
● Track the successful execution of action items agreed upon during meetings with the SVP of Client Strategy
● Conduct research and summarize findings to inform strategic decisions
● Provide ad-hoc support on small to large projects
● BA/BS degree
● 3+ years of experience in a combination of management consulting and technology start-ups
● Mastery of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
● Familiarity with Looker and SQL is a nice to have
● Strong interpersonal skills with high emotional intelligence
● Ability to successfully drive simultaneous initiatives; strong project management skills
● Ability to operate well ambiguity; self-starter
● Proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders across an organization and influence others
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to distill important concepts for an executive audience
● High level of attention to detail and extremely well-organized
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.