Shared inbox for teams.
Director of Engineering
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
Front was featured in Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Zapier’s Apps at Work Report: The Fastest Growing Apps of 2019, the Bay Area’s Great Places to Work, and of course Glassdoor.
We’re looking for an engineering leader to lead multiple fast moving teams delivering a flexible product which works for both small, fast-growing startups and large enterprise businesses. This is a unique opportunity to build both API-based and workflow-oriented products of Front’s core business.
What will you be doing?
- Lead multiple teams of talented engineers to solve fast scaling distributed systems problems
- Grow your teams by coaching and developing the engineers on your teams, and by attracting and hiring top talent
- Drive the technical strategy and roadmap and priorities for your teams, and work with dependencies across the company
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Front’s engineering management team
What skills and experience do you need?
- Experience building and scaling backend software systems and infrastructure
- Successfully built teams, defined its mission, and executed on its goals
- Effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- 5+ years of engineering management experience including experience managing managers
- Experience at a fast-growing B2B SaaS company
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.