Security cameras backed by smart software.
Software Engineer, Systems and Operations
San Mateo, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
As a member of our Systems Engineering team, you will lead, architect, and own the systems and processes that impact the Verkada sales, order, finance, and support teams. As our Salesforce org is still young, your decisions will have a massive impact, and you will have the chance to work with the latest Salesforce technology stack.
- Your job is to write software that makes the company work well at scale. Make our systems work efficiently and reliably.
- Decide when to build from scratch and when to use existing tools.
- Work closely with the core software engineering team to integrate our product with our back end systems.
- Learn new languages and frameworks quickly. We don’t expect you’ll have written Apex code, for example, but you should be able to pick it up quickly.
- Example projects might include building components to visualize geographic data in Salesforce, or integrating and synchronizing our financial, sales, and fulfillment system databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field, from a top program preferred.
- 2-8 years’ professional experience, with at least 2 years of software development or engineering experience.
- Systems and software development experience: you need to be able to write production code efficiently. You are a hacker.
- You like making people work better. If you’re the kind of person that gets satisfaction about building a tool that makes everyone’s life at work just a little better every day, you will love this job.
- Design sensibility - we pride ourselves on building an intuitive product. We want our employees’ experience with their internal tools to be the same.
- Process and operational thinking - you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that’s easy to understand for all audiences (especially non-technical ones!).
- Project management and attention to detail: you’ll need to be able to scope out a project based on requirements outlined by an end user and figure out what it takes to translate an idea into reality.
- Prior tech company or startup experience a plus.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.