Social image editing app and creative community
Job Description / Skills Required
PicsArt is looking for an Android Developer who will play an important role in the design and implementation of new features on Android devices, and take the role of a mentor to train new team members.Required Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience;
- Experience with Kotlin;
- Experience in working on an existing codebase;
- Experience in using Android graphics frameworks;
- Experience with Core Java development;
- Experience with REST and JSON;
- Deep knowledge of memory management;
- Knowledge of Android SDK (and NDK optional) development, including best practices, APIs, libraries, including popular 3rd party APIs;
- Familiar with multithreading.
- Write clean, concise code that is stable and extensible;
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application, debug and resolve production issues as needed;
- Work with various teams to create mobile applications;
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical PMs;
- Communicate frequently and effectively with other engineers on the team in addition to our product managers and creative team;
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code;
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies and utilize top industry technologies.
- Android SDK (NDK)
- Android Graphics Framework
- JavaREST API
- Android Apps Development tools
- Android Studio
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
PicsArt is the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app that’s leading the visual storytelling revolution. With more than 150 million monthly active creators, the PicsArt community creates, remixes and shares nearly 1 billion images every month. The company has amassed one of the largest open-source collections of content in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers and more. PicsArt is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Yerevan, Armenia, Moscow, Beijing, Tokyo, and Los Angeles, PicsArt is backed by Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Venture Partners, and Siguler Guff and Company.
PicsArt is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
The #14 most downloaded app of 2019
PicsArt has worked with big brands such as TaylorSwift, Will Smith, Kim Kardashian, Gwen Stefani, DJ Snake, Maroon5 and Meghan Trainor on community challenges that generate tens of millions of organic, fan-generated impressions and shares on social media. We need smart, passionate people to help us reach our first billion creators!