Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
You will be an instrumental leader as we build finance and accounting in a global, hyper growth environment. Reporting to the Head of Strategic Finance, you’ll provide financial perspective, accountability and strategic oversight Financial Operations. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable operating with extremely high standards while also supporting a business that is scaling globally with high innovation and capital requirements.
- Act as the primary Finance point of contact for business partners and executives for Vendor payments and PO creation
- Develop and expand processes required to execute on-time payments to Vendors
- Defining and executing to policies related to Accounts Payable and drive consistency with entities globally
- Solving critical customer/vendor issues and proactively heading off negative service trends
- Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures
- Build and monitor performance metrics, with principal focus on ensuring on-time payments, cost out initiatives and estimating future headcount growth by country
- Work closely with executives and business partners to improve global PO compliance rates
- Partner with Vendor Management and Procurement teams to improve procure to pay and order to cash activities
- Assist in supporting new business initiatives through financial process design to ensure alignment with accounting and legal requirements
- 6+ years of progressive work experience in a transitional FP&A of Strategic Finance organization (some years may be substituted with managing and AP team, investment banking, private equity or accounting experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or in a related discipline
- Experience scaling a team in either hardware or software startups (both is preferred) and/or experience at a top tier bank or consulting firm with track record of outperformance
- Presentation skills: knowing how to structure effective presentations will increase your impact
- Accounting: working knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Systems: working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.