Advancing 3D printing.
Full-Stack Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. We have grand dreams to build technology that will influence industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
We are looking to hire an engineer to build full-stack software that interfaces with our printers and other hardware. You’re comfortable with both frontend and backend software technologies, have the ability to break down complex problems into individual tasks. Ideally you are familiar with multiple languages and have the desire to continue to expand your skill set with new languages and tools.
- Architect and build server and browser based systems that will integrate with our 3D printers and other Carbon machines.
- Build both back-end infrastructure and user-facing features.
- Participate in design and code reviews, identify and communicate best development practices.
- 6+ years of production level experience shipping successful software.
- Experience with full-stack frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Express/ Node as well as some experience with front-end development in React.
- Strong skills across relevant server-side technologies, including networking, security, databases, RESTful services and REST/GraphQL API development.
- Practical experience building and maintaining distributed systems utilizing distributed message queues and search engines (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- DevOps and/or operational experience and familiarity, e.g. AWS, Docker, Kubernetes experience preferred.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience building out testing infrastructure
- Experience utilizing and optimizing build infrastructure: e.g. Bazel, Webpack, Jenkins
- Manufacturing background (worked at a company in the manufacturing space before)
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.