Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell.
We are now looking for Principal Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team based in Singapore.
- Work closely with product, design and technical teams to build exciting and innovative features for the Carousell web platform
- Build high-performance and dynamic web applications, platform technologies and tools
- Lead and drive collaboration and engineering best practices in a chapter of web engineers at various experience levels
- Take full ownership of the evolution of Carousell’s web platform
- Write and advocate for a clean, testable and maintainable code culture
- User obsession and empathy.
- Drive and resourcefulness to persevere and overcome obstacles achieving challenging goals.
- Focus on impact and results. You work on the right things and get them done.
- High integrity and ability to positively collaborate with others
- 9+ years of experience building production-level, modern web apps at scale
- Experience as a technical lead on software projects with many teammates
- Experience with modern web technologies and reactive frameworks like React, Angular or Vue
- In-depth knowledge of web frontend, including the DOM, browser APIs, modern CSS, responsive/mobile web, and components
- Strong command of English, with experience in writing technical documentation and proposals
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance desktop and mobile web applications from start to finish.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a coach and mentor to individual engineers
- Track record of recruiting, retaining, and growing high performing talent
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Built and shipped production-level web apps using Express, React, Redux and Webpack
- Experience building backend APIs and interfacing them with web frontends and mobile applications
- Experience with multi-language, multi-country, and multi-currency web apps
- Defined engineering processes for an engineering team or organisation
- Knowledge of infrastructure, CI/CD, networking, web serving or monitoring