Online, self-serve life insurance company.
Senior Technical Life Underwriter
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Ethos is a new kind of life insurance built for people who don't have time for fine print, extra doctor's appointments or hidden fees. We have transformed a 15 week process of paper applications and medical exams, into just the click of a button - by quantifying the user’s health risk using predictive models.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as CNBC's 100 startups to look out for, as well as featured on Forbes for being one of Sequoia Capital's key investments. We are growing quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
- Work with our team and partners to execute underwriting policy
- Monitor and optimize automated underwriting rule sets
- Ensure our underwriting vendor partners are executing on established risk selection procedures and meeting SLA’s
- Execute underwriting audits
- Collaborate with our Operations and Customer Experience teams to ensure we deliver best-in-class new business support
- Liaise with risk-bearing partners and underwriting vendor partners to optimize the underwriting process
- Apply technical expertise to effectively blend non-traditional underwriting tools into the process
- 7+ years of life underwriting experience
- Experience with underwriting rules engines and rules management
- An understanding of data and models in the underwriting process
- The ability to communicate results and needs among multiple parties
- A record of identifying opportunities and quickly delivering solutions
- Desire to be a team player in a dynamic environment
- An obsession with the customer and ability to challenge the status quo
- Experience working with actuarial to assess mortality
- Underwriting vendor management experience a plus
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.