Education technology to empower learning.
Durham, NC, US
United States of America
Clever is the fastest growing product in K-12 education; depended on by over 500 software companies and over 60% of America's schools. These organizations rely on Clever to put the best software in the hands of over 20 million students every day. Clever's job is to make this task incredibly simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
A Day in the Life
As an engineer on the SSO and Portal team, you'll join an energetic tight-knit team working on features like:
- The Clever Portal experience on mobile devices
- New features and functionality in the Clever Portal so teachers can run their classrooms through Clever
- Saved Passwords, the “LastPass” for education, allowing students to easily get logged into any learning application
- The APIs and protocols that power secure SSO
- Clever Badges, QR codes that schools can print and give to kids to login without a password, saving valuable class time
To get a sense of what the Clever engineering team is working on, check out our engineering blog.
We work across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and developers to use. Currently we write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React with Redux and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, Dynamo, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
Things We’re Looking For
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Led projects and collaborated with a team to create meaningful impact
- Architected systems to solve a variety of product needs
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse, fast-paced and highly collaborative team environment
- Experience with React Native mobile development
- Experience with SSO, authentication and authorization technologies (preferred, but not required)
- Experience working on consumer products (preferred, but not required)
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited credits for learning on amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers