The fastest courier, transport, food delivery and shopping services provider in Indonesia.
Director, Product Management - Data
Job Description / Skills Required
About the Role:
Gojek is looking for an experienced, data-driven Head of Product to lead the Product Management group within our Data organization. As the Head of Product for Data, you will own the innovation and execution of product roadmaps for our entire data platform. You will have a pivotal role in enabling internal use cases for our data platforms, as well as external use cases on the Gojek platform, to ensure that we stay true to our objective of being the most preferred SuperApp for our customers.
You will manage a group of 10+ Product Managers and support cross-functional partners in driving the conceptual and technical development of data products. As a key member of the Product Management leadership team, you will also help shape the strategic direction of Gojek’s Product Management function.
You will be responsible for delivering impact through data products, building strategic partnerships and developing revenue streams. You will be directly responsible for the following areas and teams:
- 40+ Data Engineering Products
- Data Science & Machine Learning Platforms
- Data Warehouse
- Data Governance
You will also have direct influence and key stakeholders in the following areas:
- Customer & Product Analytics
- Experimentation Platform
An ideal Head of Product should have demonstrated experience in managing and/or collaborating with engineers, designers, data scientists, machine learning practitioners and researchers to deliver great products and solutions. A successful leader in this role would require strong executive presence, ability to work effectively with remote teams and a proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results. You also need high empathy, for both your customers as well as your colleagues.
This role will report directly to the Chief Product Officer, with a dotted line to the Chief Data Officer.
What You Will Do
- Lead 10+ Data Product Managers and their teams to develop and be accountable to a unified roadmap that will become the foundation of our advanced analytics platform at Gojek
- Define OKRs for Gojek’s data platforms and hold the teams accountable for meeting those OKRs. This includes being accountable for individual OKRs of all Product Managers within the Data organization.
- Be an effective leader who solves for customer needs. We expect you to build enough business context to effectively partner and collaborate with many types of stakeholders, including engineers, analysts, and leaders from different teams and functions. Stakeholders include Data Science, Machine Learning Infrastructure, Fraud & Risk, Businesses Intelligence, all Product and Platform groups, Operations.
- Manage and support Product Managers in your product group, providing them with guidance and mentorship to maximize their potential.
- Recruit, hire and train new team members as you grow your product area.
- Continue to strive for innovation. Be aware of developments that are happening in the data platform and advanced analytics space. Help us understand the trade offs between build vs. buy, and guide us to make informed decisions. Build strategic partnerships with global companies that will give us a competitive edge.
- Be execution and delivery-driven. We care about delivering solutions on time and on budget.
What You Will Need
- A Bachelor’s / Masters or an equivalent degree, preferably in engineering or management
- 10+ years of product experience including at least 4 years as a group lead managing other product managers.
- Successful track record in planning, developing and executing strategy for multiple projects while collaborating cross-functionally
- Balance between being data-first and human-centered design-thinking.
- Expertise in building Data Science and Machine Learning products/ platforms
- Understanding of ML lifecycle and algorithm development
- Ability to transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Solid organisation, leadership, team-building, and mentorship experience
- Fluency in English, confidence and thoughtfulness in communications.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable working in a complex and face-paced environment
- Analytical and data-driven, you love digging into the data to understand what’s happening and define and measure success on every initiative
- Passion for customers, always bringing questions back to what will serve them best
Highly desired, but not required:
- Experience as a software engineer.
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Open source contributions and patents.