The fastest courier, transport, food delivery and shopping services provider in Indonesia.
Engineering Manager - GoLogistics
Job Description / Skills Required
Engineering manager is the first formal leadership role in GoJek engineering organization. As an engineering manager you will be accountable to lead a team of 5 - 10 engineers. To excel in this role we believe you need to have excellent ability in prioritizing and tactical decision making along with deep technical expertise and eagerness to take a hands-on approach as necessary in delivering values for the customers. Also it’s equally important to be passionate in taking care of the growth and development of the team.
What You Will Do
- Accountable for planning, delivery & people management for a team of engineers
- Accountable for system designs within the scope of the team to fulfill both functional and non-functional requirements
- Brings predictability & visibility of the team’s delivery to all relevant stakeholders. This includes making complex technological context more accessible to improve the quality of decision making.
- Monitors and adjusts team pace to instill urgency for success but protect the team from burnout
- Participate actively in cross-team delivery collaboration and ensure learnings from the team is available for everyone
- Responsible for mentoring, development and career management of team members with guidance from senior leaders
- Actively participates in the recruitment process and works with your manager on staffing plans for the team.
What You Will Need
- Engineers typically acquire the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to meet the expectations of this role with at least 8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience managing, mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports.
- Well-versed with Agile methodologies, best practices of writing tests and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Is hands-on and enjoys writing code.
- Experience developing end-to-end products across mobile and backend at scale
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills focused on improving collaboration, understanding & information exchange across all stakeholders.
- Bonus points if: Experience in a similar role with a high-growth company