The fastest courier, transport, food delivery and shopping services provider in Indonesia.
Engineering Manager - Search & Recommendations
Job Description / Skills Required
About the role:
GoFood is looking for an experienced technologist with a passion for developing and
deploying scalable and resilient applications which primarily use elasticsearch and data
science models for search capabilities. Search team aims at providing the most relevant,
personalized food search results to users, which drives them to easily and quickly find
restaurants and dishes they are looking for.
As engineering manager for search and recommendations, you will be responsible for the
overall delivery of your team and will interface very closely with business stakeholders and
product stakeholders to deliver a cutting edge product aimed at improving customer
experience on Gofood. You will work closely with PMs and tech leads in search streams to
build deep food knowledge graphs and DS models which improve search relevance and
A strong sense of prioritization, deep technical expertise along with taking care of growth
and development of the team, are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in
current technological trends and have a zeal to lead a team of tech leads.
What You Will Do
- Work with tech leads of teams in GoFood Search and recommendation to deliver resilient technology solutions to achieve business goals.
- Oversee system design, architecture and graceful evolution for various services owned by GoFood Search and recommendation team.
- Be responsible for overall delivery timelines of different product initiatives which are part of GoFood Search and recommendation team.
- Work with GoFood HoE and Content vertical Engineering manager to define products/SOPs which improve the productivity of development teams and drive adoption of the same within Search and content vertical.
- Familiarity with search personalization, relevance and ranking models and defining strategies along with other PDG counter parts.
- Work with data science to integrate ML based models for search.
- Understand the user and their behavior and continuously contribute to making their experience better with each release.
- Communicate technology and business strategy to all streams in search team
- Identify, nurture and retain great talent.
- Be responsible for defining the team needed to accomplish the upcoming
- roadmap, and work with the recruitment team to acquire world-class talent.
- Help people grow through active and passive mentorship.
What You Will Need
- Experience working in a high growth product company
- Deep knowledge of product architecture, various technology paradigms and development processes gained by a hands-on approach
- Experience delivering scaled systems in at least two independent tech stacks
- Total 8+ years of experience, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications in any language or stack.
- Have hands-on experience with search engines like Solr, Elasticsearch.
- Experience in designing and validating search relevance and ranking models.
- Comfortable working with a highly distributed team
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Strong developer empathy. You can represent multiple points of views at the same time; from the perspective of app devs, DevOps, networking, security, etc. to various stakeholders along at the same time.