The fastest courier, transport, food delivery and shopping services provider in Indonesia.
Engineering Manager (Content) - GoFood
Job Description / Skills Required
About the role:
GoFood is looking for an engineering manager experienced in leading very high performing engineering teams working on real time distributed systems. The responsibility of this team is to build the content ecosystem that allows merchants and consumers to interact via apps and other deep enterprise integrations. This also enables merchants to manage their storefront all by themselves.
As an engineering manager you work closely with senior engineers and the product lead of the team to formulate strategies which can provide competitive edge to the GoFood content ecosystem comprising multiple high volume services. You will also be responsible for mentoring other engineers on the team and their overall performance, learning and growth.
A strong sense of prioritization, deep technical expertise along with taking care of growth and development of the team are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current and upcoming technological trends and have a zeal to lead a team of tech leads.
What You Will Do
- Strategise with product and business leaders to unlock technology driven user value propositions.
- Prioritise product roadmap effectively and pay off technical debt alongside.
- Bring predictability in the teams’ delivery measured against actual on-ground user impact.
- Career management and mentorship of team members with guidance from other senior leaders.
- Make complex technological context more accessible to improve the quality of decision making.
- Monitor and adjust team pace to instill urgency for success but protect the team from burnout.
- Participate actively in cross-team delivery collaboration and share learnings from the team.
- Participate in the recruitment process and work with your leader on staffing plans for the team.
What You Will Need
- Engineers typically acquire the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to meet the expectations of this role with at least 7 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience managing, mentoring and supporting a team of high performing engineers.
- Well-versed with agile SDLC, best practices of writing tests and CI/CD.
- Is hands-on and enjoys writing code.
- Experience developing end-to-end products across mobile and backend at scale.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills focused on improving collaboration, understanding & information exchange across all stakeholders.
- Willingness to relocate to Jakarta - full relocation package will be provided.
Bonus points if:
- Prior experience of a food based product startup.
- Experience on leading search and personalisation team.