Transportation marketplace and mapping technologies.
Senior Manager Business Development - Delivery and Logistics
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Who We Are
rideOS is a Mobility as a Service (MaaS) technology provider that empowers automotive, autonomous vehicle, ride hail, transportation and delivery businesses to build, operate and scale on-demand transportation offerings utilizing both self-driving and human-operated fleets. The rideOS Universal Maas Suite is a cloud-based constraint-based routing, fleet optimization and adaptive dispatch platform designed to enhance performance, maximize efficiency and propel growth while also improving society’s quality of life through reduced congestion, pollution and noise.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Next47 and ST Engineering Ventures, rideOS is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Pittsburgh, Berlin and Singapore. rideOS is accelerating the safe, global adoption of next generation transport, and we’re just getting started.
This role will be the first hire leading all sales and business development activity for rideOS's fast-growing delivery vertical. You'll be responsible hitting our revenue and usage goals within delivery and logistics, selling rideOS's products and owning the deal process. You'll act as both general and foot soldier, owning the go-to-market approach, researching and contacting prospects, scoping and negotiating deals all the way through closing and launch, and helping adapt the product roadmap based on customer feedback.
rideOS is creating a new industry, and this is a brand new vertical for us -- the ideal candidate will be a highly motivated go-getter who loves rolling up their sleeves to find prospective customers, takes a creative and consultative approach to selling, and can use the early deals to build a repeatable sales process and lead this vertical into the future.
- Manage full deal cycle of deals with delivery and logistics companies. Includes prospecting and lead generation, pitching, structuring, negotiating, closing, and ongoing relationship management.
- DRI for usage and revenue goals within the delivery and logistics category.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering colleagues to address technical concerns of rideOS’ partners / potential partners
- Work cross-functionally with business team on pricing, legal, and strategy
- Work with Product team to surface partner feature requests and market relevant existing features to potential partners.
- Participate in conferences, speak on panels
- Willingness to travel
Desired Prior Experience:
- 6+ years of deal experience, with track record of successfully negotiating complex enterprise sales deals and/or strategic partnerships in a technical field/industry with positive outcomes.
- Experience navigating complex organizations to get deals done.
- Demonstrated success balancing many deals at different stages of the pipeline, with high throughput.
- Domain expertise within delivery, logistics, and/or mobility industry, and perspective on how industry will evolve.
- Experience working with internal technical teams to satisfy partner requests and build product roadmap.
- History of cultivating and maintaining long-term relationships with executives in the delivery, logistics, and/or mobility industry.
- Entrepreneurial personality / self-starter
- Energized by customer outreach and exploration
- Proactively creates opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to switch context between high-level strategy and front-line prospecting and outreach
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with impeccable business judgment
- Understand basics of technical integration, converse fluently with key technical concepts
- Passionate about delivery, logistics, and mobility
- Product-level understanding of routing, optimization, and dispatch technology; or ability to understand new technologies/industries quickly
rideOS is off to an amazing start in terms of funding, talent, vision, and industry demand. We are well on on our way towards being a major player in transportation and technology in general, and looking for incredible teammates to help make our mission a reality. rideOS is an e-verified company.