Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Millions of people lose weight for good with noom, but there are also plenty who fall off along the way. Weight loss is hard, and we need a PM to help us figure out thoughtful and powerful ways of keeping all our users motivated and engaged over the long term, and bringing those whose circumstances have derailed their habit building back into the fold. This is a foundational part of the behavior change platform we are building.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Transforming what’s it’s like to be a noom user over the long run, delivering even more enduring value, freshness and insight to users even when they are habitual noomers of many months
- Research, prioritize and execute improvements to the longer term user experience, primarily in the form of experiments
- Get to know our long term users well through qualitative and quantitative research and use insights from this to inform your strategy
- Research and learn best practices for user lifecycle management across industries and determine relevant applications at noom
- Collaborate with design, engineering, user research and data to execute your ideas in a high quality and agile manner
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 6 years of experience with at least 3 in a product management role at a technology company, with a clear record of successful delivery and impact in collaboration with an engineering team.
- Strongly preferred: experience working on lifecycle management product improvements (retention, LTV, winback focus)
- Very strong critical thinking and analysis skills. Ability to take an ambiguous problem, use data-informed brainstorming, identify goals and clear metrics, and drive a team to deliver on those goals.
- Good user instincts - experience working with design, user research, running experiments, and iterating on ideas to benefit end users.