The fastest courier, transport, food delivery and shopping services provider in Indonesia.
Manager, Product Management - Cartography
Job Description / Skills Required
About the Role
We are seeking a strategic and innovative Product Manager to be responsible for building mapping products that support the internal Product Groups and Platform Groups at Gojek.
Cartography is the science of making maps. At Gojek, we're making maps fit for its needs. We build mapping products and provide geospatial insights across the company. This role will oversee product management for our Cartography team and lead a team of 3 Product Managers. This role will be working closely with the Product and Platform teams - Food, Transport, and Logistics - and will work closely with our team of engineers, data scientists, product and geospatial analysts, and map operations.
What You Will Do
- Drive ideation, product strategy, and execution for our suite of mapping products including routing, pickup points, map data quality, and POIs; collaborate across regions, product areas and functions
- Lead a small team of 3 Product Managers to build, operate, and deliver mapping products and technologies
- Guides & mentors stream team members to ensure they're doing their best work through building a culture of feedback
- Collaborates with Cartography group heads to develop OKRs and execute a product roadmap, ensuring alignment with other pods or product groups
- Lead prioritization of cross-stream and cross-pod initiatives, coordinating with head of functions to implement, participates in prioritization of cross-stream initiatives and leads those within their own stream(s)
- Leads PM budgeting, headcount, and hiring for their pod/small group, provides mentoring, development, and career management for their direct reports
- Aggregates and assess product feedback and feature requests to identify unmet customer needs and opportunities
- Acts as a hiring manager and participates in the hiring process by interviewing candidates
What You Will Need
- A Bachelor’s, Masters or an equivalent degree, preferably in engineering or management
- Should have at least 5+ years of product management experience in delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with knowledge and expertise in geospatial or location data technologies and companies
- Have managed PMs/Managers within their pod across multiple streams; defines direction and priorities for direct reports
- You have the ability to break down complex problems, identify use cases and solutions that can be reused across multiple areas
- Demonstrated ability to apply frameworks to make and justify product/prioritization decisions (eg Jobs to be done, story mapping, ICE)
- Demonstrates a nuanced understanding of data, design & research, software engineering and business processes and partners effectively with those teams
- Communication skills with the ability to weave strategy, insights, priorities and plan forward into a structured and organized storyline at all levels of management
- High attention to detail, ability to insist on high standards and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision