The 23andMe DNA Studio is a growing team of passionate creative thinkers, makers and doers dedicated to bringing creative excellence to 23andMe’s marketing efforts, including brand campaigns, social initiatives, product marketing and consumer education. We are on a mission to create beautifully crafted content, stories and experiences that capture the voice, tone and spirit of 23andMe’s unique brand.
We believe deciphering the human genome is the most exciting scientific discovery of our lifetime, and we carry that excitement into all our work. We also believe the more we learn about our DNA, the more we learn about ourselves.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
We are looking for a contract Creative Copywriter to join our in-house creative team. You will be reporting to 23andMe's Lead Copywriter, but will also work closely with our designers and our Advertising team, attending meetings and fully participating as a team member. You are an excellent storyteller with an attention to craft. You have a strong background in the creation and execution of best in class content, stories and integrated experiences across multiple mediums. You are an energetic, positive, and hardworking team player who is driven towards achieving creative excellence and helping others to do the same. You thrive in a collaborative environment full of talented creatives, marketers, product leaders and business leaders.
What you'll do
- Concept ideas and write copy for campaigns, websites, digital content and social media.
- Uphold the quality of all copy deliverables and ensure they meet DNA Studio’s standards for creative excellence.
- Play an ongoing role in the development of our brand voice and advocate for consistent application of copy standards across experiences.
- Champion the voice and tone of the brand through cross-functional coordination, strategic planning and hands-on writing.
- Actively seek out ways to shape the creative DNA of our brand in everything we do.
- Articulate ideas and communicate proactively in a cross-functional team.
- Work on multiple projects and timelines from concept, production, to completion.
- Work closely with the project management team to set expectations and meet deadlines.
- Ensure quality and timely creative production and communication with creative teammates.
- Gather feedback throughout the process and create alignment among stakeholders.
- Actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative outputs and culture.
What you'll bring
- 4+ years of experience in an integrated marketing-related field at a design/interactive agency or in-house team.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of work, a compelling storytelling perspective, big idea-led thinking and attention to craft. A portfolio is a must for application
- Experience in crafting copy for direct marketing initiatives that can be evolved through testing and data.
- Ability to write long-form copy as well as short, attention-grabbing lines.
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills.
- A collaborative work ethic and easy-going nature.
- The ability to take constructive criticism with ease and grace.
- The ability to proactively help facilitate the growth of a larger vision within the team.
- The ability and openness to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Ability to work full-time Monday through Thursday.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
- Senior Project Manager, Marketing Sunnyvale, CA, US
- Sr. Associate Scientist / Scientist I, Protein Engineering South San Francisco, CA, US
- Sr. Associate Scientist / Scientist I, Flow Cytometry South San Francisco, CA, US
- Senior Manager, Competitive Intelligence Sunnyvale, CA, US