Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Job Description Summary
The purpose of this position is to provide support for the facilities organization at a specific facility, set of buildings or campus environment. The Workplace Technician (WT) will support workplace operations which include: technical solutions for HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and light construction. The position coordinates the activities of all onsite needs with Leads and Office Manager.
The WT is responsible for proactive and reactive facility maintenance and technical solutions. They will assemble and maintain a list of resources and services to perform work outside of scope and move on actions required. The WT is responsible for security systems and response, including updates to policies and maintenance. The WT will work with management to identify opportunities and solutions to save time, cost, and deliver a high level of customer service to the organization.
What You'll Do
- Technical support of Aurora facilities including mechanical, electrical, utility, fire / life safety, plumbing, recycling, waste management, etc.
- Deliver a high level of response and service.
- Provide support and dedication to the facilities team members.
- Coordinate and serve day to day Facility Operations and Procedures including building fixtures, mechanical equipment, employee inquiries/concerns, as well as coordinate with vendors related to these services.
- Assist with facility moves.
- Build excellent relationships with contractors and suppliers to ensure proper working order and timely repair of all facility systems.
- Ensure cleanliness and professional appearance of all offices at all times.
- Report and communicate any malfunctions, repairs, special projects, vendor work activities and other work taking place that could impact employees during regular business hours or off hours.
- Respond to security alarms when required.
- Manage the restocking and routine inspection of safety supplies including fire extinguishers, AED Machines, First Aid kits, PPE, etc.
- Travel to remote sites as needed.
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 Years of Maintenance/ Experience
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Operate with integrity
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Time Management and organizational skills
- The ability to visit and maintain multiple sites across the bay area in a single day
- Comfortable with an extremely fast paced environment
- Willingness to work overtime
- Task / List Oriented
- Experience with G-Suite Tools
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson developed MIT'S Intelligent CoPilot, then led the team that delivered Tesla Autopilot. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.