Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clover's Engineering team is charged with building reliable and modern systems that enable and amplify Clover's impact on healthcare. As a team, we build and maintain a wide range of software: everything from applications that drive provider workflows, member-facing tools, to internal data systems and platform that enable our machine learning models. We are a collaborative, empathetic team that values diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare.
We are looking for a Principal Salesforce Engineer to join our team. In this role you would lead our team in the development of Salesforce technical architecture and designs to be used across Clover. As a senior engineer, you will be a strong technical voice to build foundational architecture, best practices, business systems, process flows and user requirements.
As a Principal Salesforce Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for the building and adoption of Salesforce architect in our existing technologies
- Assist with the development of data integration strategies; completes data manipulation, cleaning and importing/exporting
- Be a champion for technical best practices, as well as overall strategy for Salesforce development team
- Executes production rollout strategy and support for users
- Working closely with cross-functional partners (Data, Product, Operations, Executives), architect a significant portion of our Salesforce platforms
You will love this job if:
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and are comfortable working in and being part of defining nascent environments (technical and team). You have a natural intellectual curiosity and value diving into them through a collaborative approach
- You care about quality but also have a pragmatic approach to software that prioritizes delivering value continuously. You understand there is a time and place for optimizing for shipping throughput vs. optimizing for robustness that survives gnarly edge cases
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel a great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry
You should get in-touch with us if:
- You are familiar with Salesforce tech stack — e.g. Apex, Lightning, VisualForce
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages — e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- You approach building and maintaining systems with maturity and rigor.
- You have scaled the impact of other engineers through mentorship, development of reusable libraries, and documentation.
- You are able to work in different technical systems and concerns.
- You have lead development projects, but have also value created space and opportunity for other people to become leaders.
- You have both built and refactored complex (often distributed) systems.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.