Instant threat analysis for enterprise cloud environments.
New York City, NY, US
SecurityScorecard's SaaS-based platform enables enterprises to rate and understand the security risk of companies instantly, non-intrusively and from an outside-in perspective. Nearly 1,000 customers use our platform for self-monitoring, vendor risk management, cyber insurance, board reporting, and M&A. We have created a new category of enterprise software, and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row. Our investors include both Sequoia and Google Ventures. We are scaling quickly but are ever mindful of our people and products as we grow.
As the Director of Engineering of Streaming and Big Data, you will lead multiple, distributed engineering teams in our Trust and Transparency organization that enable users to understand and trust the data and ratings we provide. Your teams ingest cybersecurity signals and domain and IP attribution data into our data pipeline, maintain the production scoring algorithm developed by the Data Science team, and publish new ratings every day for 1.5 million and growing organizations.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the overall health of your team, provide career guidance, and ensure effective communication across the team and stakeholders
- Own the Trust and Transparency roadmap with Product Management
- Work closely with the Technical Leadership team, Product Managers, Program Managers, and other engineering teams to deliver security signals and aggregated data to our customers
- Own complex problems, establish achievable milestones and drive solutions with your team and others
- Regularly interact with executives and customers to identify areas of improvement.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Program Managers, and your team to deliver high-quality results with high velocity.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of technical management experience
- Able to drive project execution and leading teams through complex problems
- Experience growing the careers of your staff
- Minimum 3 years of creating, working with, and managing data pipelines
- Experience with large data processing using Spark
- Ability to code in higher-order languages such as Scala or Python
- Experience building applications in public cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Strong understanding of how the Internet works to be able to solve domain and IP attribution challenges
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional partners and independently drive projects and decisions
- Previous experience working in a distributed team. You will have staff located in the U.S. and Europe.
- Located in the U.S. or Canada
- Knowledge of cybersecurity attack vectors is a plus
What to Expect in Our Hiring Process:
- Phone conversation with Talent Acquisition to learn more about your experience and career objectives and talk about SecurityScorecard
- Video interview with the hiring manager, VP of Engineering
- Technical video interview with a Principal Data Engineer
- Technical video interview with Attribution Distinguished Engineer
- Video interview with Trust and Transparency Product Manager
- Video interview with SVP
- Optional panel video interview with future direct reports
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.