The fastest courier, transport, food delivery and shopping services provider in Indonesia.
Senior Software Engineer (Android) - Driver Platform
Job Description / Skills Required
About The Role
The Driver Platform Team is responsible for building products & features meeting the technology needs of our driver-partners. You will be directly impacting the livelihood of 2M+ drivers across geographies.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about maintaining clean and maintainable codebase, also empathise with our driver partners for whom our app is the only way of livelihood. We aspire to become one of the best platforms available for drivers partners in the world.
What You Will Do
- Independently responsible for the entire lifecycle of small to medium complexity projects
- Crafting high-quality, maintainable and well-tested code for our mobile app
- Communicate and closely collaborate with mobile, backend, QA and designers on a regular basis to ship high-quality features
- Responsible for ownership and end-to-end delivery of a stream of work
- Work closely with junior developers and guide them about engineering best practices and conventions
- Has good debugging and root cause analysis skills
- Responsible for participating in the design review process, seeking and providing constructive criticism
What You Will Need
- 3+ years of experience in Android application development
- Strong understanding of the Android SDK and some of its internals
- Strong grasp on programming languages like Kotlin/Java
- Good understanding and experience in Android architectures, design patterns, OO design principles
- Experience with unit and instrumentation testing of code for robustness and reliability
- Hands-on experience with popular open-source libraries like Dagger, RxJava, OkHttp, Mockito, Espresso, and similar libraries
- Knack of writing clean, readable and maintainable code and has experience shipping apps & managing releases/rollouts in Play Store
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and dealing with Android fragmentation problems