Fave is a deals, rewards and payment platform that helps local businesses reach mobile-first customers.
Kuala Lumpur, MY
Job Description / Skills Required
Engineering at Fave
Fave is Southeast Asia's fast growing fintech platform providing payments & loyalty solutions to offline merchants to grow and connect with their customers in a whole new way. Fave is on a mission to accelerate the offline world’s transition to the digital economy by putting growth at the centre of our merchants, our customers, our people and our partners because growth is good for everyone.
Fave connects merchants and consumers to deliver seamless QR payment experience and merchant loyalty cashback rewards. It serves as a payment aggregator for the most popular cards (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX) and wallets (GrabPay, Boost, OVO). Integrated with other strategic partners Fave offers merchants more value add and more customer exposure through marketing, data, financing and operations. Merchants can now focus on what they do best for their customers; because everything else is taken care of.
Hustling in a fast-paced scaling up start-up can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office indoor mini golf course, ping pong, cool pantry, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!
Engineering at Fave
- We build new features on top of a modern stack, consisting of web apps (in a mix of Ruby on Rails, Elixir & React) communicating through APIs to Ruby services, backed by databases and Kafka topics and Elasticsearch, all deployed using ArgoCD in a continuous delivery cycle to AWS.
- You don’t need to have experience in any of our specific technologies: we’re great at teaching good engineers how to use our modern SaaS stack.
- We don't follow rigid Scrum or Kanban, but we do work in an agile, iterative way, and try to continuously improve and implement what works for us.
- We deploy changes to production regularly.
As a Backend Engineer, you will:-
- Own and be accountable for various features APIs that backs our mobile and web apps.
- Structure projects into small, actionable tasks to deliver the most value in no time.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to help plan the work ahead.
- Be part of the on-call rotation roster.
- Experience in working on major systems in one or more languages: ideally you’ve built REST API endpoints on top of data storage layers, and understand concepts like authentication, caching, web security, and the way that frontends consume APIs
- Excellent understanding of OOP, SOLID principles and design patterns
- Good understanding of Git
- Comfortable with relational and non relational databases
- Very comfortable in Unit Testing
- Write efficient, clean, readable and well tested code
- Good communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex technical concepts/issues to various team members
- Experience with Cloud Providers (AWS, Google Cloud) is a plus but not required
What’s in it for you?
- We will provide you a flexible working environment and the opportunity to develop your career.
- You can help build an amazing product in a company big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact.