Fave is a deals, rewards and payment platform that helps local businesses reach mobile-first customers.
Mobile Engineer (Android)
Kuala Lumpur, MY
Job Description / Skills Required
Engineering at Fave
Fave is Southeast Asia's fast growing fintech platform providing payments & loyalty solutions to offline merchants to grow and connect with their customers in a whole new way. Fave is on a mission to accelerate the offline world’s transition to the digital economy by putting growth at the centre of our merchants, our customers, our people and our partners because growth is good for everyone.
Fave connects merchants and consumers to deliver seamless QR payment experience and merchant loyalty cashback rewards. It serves as a payment aggregator for the most popular cards (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX) and wallets (GrabPay, Boost, OVO). Integrated with other strategic partners Fave offers merchants more value add and more customer exposure through marketing, data, financing and operations. Merchants can now focus on what they do best for their customers; because everything else is taken care of.
Hustling in a fast-paced scaling up start-up can be incredibly rewarding. At Fave, we make it all the more fun with offices designed for collaboration, productivity, and play. You get unlimited access to people (founders included), opportunities to learn, coffee, and WiFi – and we consider these the basic necessities! There’s also an office indoor mini golf course, ping pong, cool pantry, FaveUp learning sessions featuring industry veterans, movie nights, and lots more!
If being a part of a digital revolution in the fastest-growing region in the world excites you, get in touch today!
Engineering at Fave
- We build new features on top of a modern stack, consisting of web apps (in a mix of Ruby on Rails, Elixir & React) communicating through APIs to Ruby services, backed by databases and Kafka topics and Elasticsearch, all deployed using ArgoCD in a continuous delivery cycle to AWS.
- You don’t need to have experience in any of our specific technologies: we’re great at teaching good engineers how to use our modern SaaS stack.
- We don't follow rigid Scrum or Kanban, but we do work in an agile, iterative way, and try to continuously improve and implement what works for us.
- We deploy changes to production regularly.
As a Mobile Engineer (Android), you will:-
- Be a key member of a team that builds reusable Android software components for Fave platform.
- Create solid implementations and write clear, maintainable code and design documents for Android.
- Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience levels.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience in developing native Android Applications
- Experience in API design, SDK architecture, and mobile software lifecycle development practices
- Experience in developing application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Strong proficiency with Kotlin
- Experience with MVVM
- Strong attention to detail on every line of code, unit test, and commit message
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules
What’s in it for you?
- We will provide you a flexible working environment and the opportunity to develop your career.
- You can help build an amazing product in a company big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact.