Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
VP of Communications
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
NEW YORK CITY (OR REMOTE)
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is looking for an outstanding VP of Communications to join our team. This role reports into the SVP of Marketing and will be responsible for setting the strategy and overseeing the execution of external communications, PR, & analyst relations. The ideal candidate for this role has past communications experience in a B2B SaaS setting and can apply those skills to continue to strengthen Attentive’s brand position in the market.
- Develop and lead our overall communications strategy, inclusive of public relations, media relations, analyst relations, and social media/community functions.
- Build and activate PR campaigns to further our position as the creator and leader of the personalized text messaging category
- Monitor, evaluate, and respond to inbound press requests.
- Maintain proactive, positive relationships with journalists, bloggers, podcast hosts, and other industry influencers. Arrange and facilitate interviews.
- Be a strategic advisor to executive management––supporting external speaking and media opportunities, as well as providing internal communications guidance.
- Develop and execute a proactive analyst relations strategy to strengthen our visibility and market positioning with leading technology analysts, including Forrester and Gartner.
- Closely collaborate with other Marketing team members––advising and activating the communications aspects of campaigns to strengthen top-of-funnel awareness, generate leads, and accelerate the sales pipeline.
- Establish strong internal relationships with key stakeholders within Sales, Client Strategy, Product, Product Marketing, and HR to gain a deep understanding of our short-term and long-term business goals.
Skills & Requirements:
- SaaS industry experience, ideally with understanding of the evolving digital marketing landscape
- Proven track record for developing B2B communications strategies that deliver business results
- Experience working closely with executives
- Team player with a “do-er” mentality––mix of large company (operating at scale) and small company (scrappy execution) experiences
- Clear, concise communicator with excellent writing skills
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience is a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.