Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Associate General Counsel - Product & Litigation
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
NEW YORK CITY (OR REMOTE)
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is seeking an Associate General Counsel, Product & Litigation to join Attentive’s quickly-growing legal team and report to our General Counsel. You should have superb legal experience and equally strong business judgment. You will work closely with our product and client strategy teams.
- Ensure our products are compliant with US and internal laws and regulations, primarily the TCPA & CTIA rules and their foreign equivalents.
- Advise and support our client strategy team with respect to compliance issues that affect client campaigns.
- Develop and maintain a set of internal policies, programs and resources with respect to compliance.
- Remain knowledgeable on relevant industry laws and regulations.
- Act as first line of defense for any legal complaints.
- Work with outside counsel on any litigation matters.
- Juris Doctor degree and qualified to practice law in one or more state’s bar.
- A minimum of 7 years of TCPA litigation or compliance experience.
- In-house experience is preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.