Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Our legal team is focused on helping Bird grow and scale while safeguarding its interests. We are looking to add a Sr. Paralegal with at least 5-7 years of broad-based transactional legal support and administrative experience to handle a variety of responsibilities. Reporting to Bird’s Senior Legal Director, this position will support many of Bird’s legal team needs, with a focus on corporate and commercial activities.
- Contract management and general legal document organization: managing forms/templates, getting signatures, inputting contracts into the contract management system, and record retrieval
- Corporate entity management: maintaining global entity structure database, managing foreign qualification compliance, business licenses, and other corporate entity needs
- Supporting and project managing document and administrative needs in complex transactional activity (securities/financing, M&A, corporate governance)
- Basic legal drafting and review: NDAs, templates, amendments
- Process creation and improvement to support legal operations: creating and managing forms and tracking tools, developing processes, evaluating software
- General administrative support to attorneys
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience at a law firm or in house legal department of a large company
- Experience preparing and processing corporate filings
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently to analyze issues, collect information and solve problems
- Able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word), Adobe Acrobat Pro, and legal software tools (databases, e-signature tools, etc.).
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.