Education technology to empower learning.
Durham, NC, US
San Francisco, CA, Durham, NC, or Remote Anywhere in the Continental U.S.
Clever is the fastest growing product in K-12 education. Over 500 education software companies and 60% of America's schools rely on Clever to put the best learning tools in the hands of tens of millions of students every day. Clever's job is to make this task incredibly simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help build Clever into something every household, school, student, and teacher relies on.
A Day in the Life
On the Data Engineering and Internal Products team, our mission is to give Cleverites superpowers! We build internal tools to improve efficiency and unlock insights for every team at Clever.
As an engineer on the team, you’ll enable and empower internal teams by adding new features to Clever’s comprehensive web application platform for internal tools. By working with internal customers such as customer support, customer success, product development, and other engineering teams. Part of your job will be to:
- Empower internal teams by adding new features to Clever’s comprehensive platform for internal tools, used by almost everyone at Clever every day
- Work with internal customers such as customer support, customer success, marketing, and other product/engineering teams to understand their needs and develop solutions
You’ll design and implement new product features such as:
- Customized views to allow internal customers to focus on the information that helps them excel at their job.
- Troubleshooting tools to help customer support representatives quickly diagnose and solve issues.
- Enabling internal users to subscribe to notifications for product events they care about
- Proactively surfacing opportunities for customer-facing teams
- Bringing our internal dashboards in line with our external products using new frontend technologies and enforcing best practices.
Because the DEIP team is also responsible for the company’s internal data analytics, you’ll also get the opportunity to work with data technologies such as both SQL and NoSQL, Spark, Redshift, and Snowflake.
We work across the full stack to create products that are robust and delightful for all internal Clever team members to use. We write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB, and many AWS services (AWS Glue, ECS, Step Functions, etc).
Things We’re Looking For
You might be a fit for this role if you have:
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Strong experience with full-stack development including React, Node.js, HTML, and CSS.
- Understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, design pattern, data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment.
- Experience with Go, Java, C++ or other backend programming languages is a big plus.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited credits for learning on amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers