The fastest courier, transport, food delivery and shopping services provider in Indonesia.
Lead Software Engineer - GoMerchant
Job Description / Skills Required
About the role
We are looking for passionate individuals that want to make a difference in the world, have a curiosity of constant learning and development, are open and collaborative and never stop striving to improve and develop both themselves and the products they are responsible for.
What You Will Do
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, backend and other teams across regions and independently ship products and features with minimal guidance
- Design and develop highly scalable, available, reliable, secure and fault-tolerant systems with minimal guidance for one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in travel
- Write code that is clear, concise, performant, tested and easily understood by others
- Partner with the product management team to execute the feature roadmap
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively across cross-functional teams in a global environment
- Ensure that all code is thoroughly covered by automated tests and that all features meet quality checks before deployment
- Proactively manage stakeholder communication related to deliverables, risks, changes and dependencies
What You Will Need
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing, testing and deploying large scale applications
- Enjoy working in Java, Scala, Python or Elixir
- Experience with reactive data processing platform(s) would be advantageous e.g. Apache Flink or Spark Streaming
- Relevant software development experience with consumer/enterprise products with hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying applications for large-scale applications Proficiency in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns. Experience with functional programming is a plus
- Data modelling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Understand and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. Being well versed with Agile methodologies, TDD is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting server performance - memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc
- Good understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance/resource optimisations, database interactions, network programming, concurrency and multithreading, fault tolerance, monitoring, security and operability of systems
About the team
The GoMerchants team is a product-engineering team that is working to create an ecosystem of solutions to support merchants on the Gojek platform to better manage and grow their business. As one of the key stakeholders in the Gojek ecosystem, merchants are involved in various offerings such as food delivery, offline payment acceptance, POS, financial services, deals, and promotions. The job of the GoMerchants team is to understand the needs of the merchants and build platforms and interfaces mobile apps that will enable them to be successful on the Gojek platform.