The fastest courier, transport, food delivery and shopping services provider in Indonesia.
Lead Software Engineer - Ads Platform - Merchant (Functional Programming)
Job Description / Skills Required
About the role
As a product engineer you working with your team and product owner, will be responsible for imagining, building, deploying and running one or more of these products. You will own the future of the product, ensure its quality, and get to see the results of your efforts in people's everyday lives - merchants are involved in various offerings such as food delivery, offline payment acceptance, POS, financial services, deals, and promotions
What You Will Do
- Translate Merchant Growth objectives into iterative MVPs, evaluate and then refactor into a scalable and extensible design.
- Pair with team members on functional and nonfunctional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals and improvements to code quality across the team.
- Design and develop highly scalable, highly available, reliable, secure and fault-tolerant systems with minimal guidance.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Hardware, Product, Mobile, DevOps, UX, Data Science, Data Engineering, QA etc.) on planning and execution.
- Building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments.
- Research new technologies and tools, speak and participate in tech conferences to carry the Gojek brand throughout the community.
- Lead deliverables with a team of talented and highly motivated engineers.
What You Will Need
- Atleast 4+ years of relevant software development experience with consumer/enterprise products with hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying applications for large-scale applications.
- Proficient in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns. Experience with functional programming is a plus.
- hands-on experience in Microservices (HTTP & GRPC)
- Experience in Ruby, Elixir, Golang, Clojure and a willingness to learn others.
- Devops: Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Data modelling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Understand and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Well versed with Agile methodologies,TDD and Test Engineering and Automation.
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful/GRPC services.
- Experience troubleshooting server performance - memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc.
- Excellent understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance/resource optimizations, database interactions, network programming, concurrency and multithreading, fault tolerance, monitoring, security and operability of systems.
- Continuously refactor applications to ensure high-quality design.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, estimate and execute releases with a good degree of predictability.
- Ability to scope, review and refine user stories for technical completeness and to alleviate dependency risks.
About the team
The GoMerchants team is a product-engineering team that is working to create an ecosystem of solutions to support merchants on the Gojek platform to better manage and grow their business. As one of the key stakeholders in the Gojek ecosystem, merchants are involved in various offerings such as food delivery, offline payment acceptance, POS, financial services, deals, and promotions. The job of the GoMerchants team is to understand the needs of the merchants and build platforms and interfaces mobile apps that will enable them to be successful on the Gojek platform.
Are you interested in building products which build for a massive network of large, medium and small businesses and create a massive impact on their business? Do you enjoy iterative software development and building products with the ability to see the real impact of your contribution?
Then come and join us in Gojek’s Merchant Growth team and help solve the key challenges facing millions of Indonesian and South-East Asia’s Merchants across gofood, gopay, godeals and gotix in achieving growing their business, revenue and profitability.