The fastest courier, transport, food delivery and shopping services provider in Indonesia.
Engineering Manager: Customer Platforms
Job Description / Skills Required
About the Role
Engineering manager is the first formal leadership role in GoJek Engineering organization. As an Engineering Manager you will be accountable to lead a team of 5 - 10 engineers. To excel in this role we believe you need to have excellent ability in prioritizing and tactical decision making along with deep technical expertise and eagerness to take a hands-on approach as necessary in delivering values for the customers. Also it’s equally important to be passionate in taking care of the growth and development of the team.
What You Will Do
- You will be accountable for planning, delivery & people management for a team of engineers.
- You will be accountable for system designs within the scope of the team to fulfil both functional and non-functional requirements.
- You will bring predictability & visibility of the team’s delivery to all relevant stakeholders. This includes making complex technological context more accessible to improve the quality of decision making.
- You will monitors and adjust team pace to instil urgency for success but protect the team from burnout.
- You will also participate actively in cross-team delivery collaboration and ensure learnings from the team is available for everyone.
- You will be responsible for mentoring, development and career management of team members with guidance from senior leaders.
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 8+ years of experience in the field of software Engineering. Should have hands-on experience on one of the back-end languages like Java, Golang and mobile technologies.
- Experience managing, mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports.
- Well-versed with Agile methodologies, best practices of writing tests and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Is hands-on and enjoys writing code.
- Experience developing end-to-end products across mobile and backend at scale
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills focused on improving collaboration, understanding & information exchange across all stakeholders.
About the Team
Growth Platforms team is responsible for building growth tools covering experimentation, discovery, personalisation, and promotions at scale across 20+ products. As part of Growth Team you get to work with team of engineers who work across Transport, Food Delivery, C2C logistics and Mobile Payments space at a really interesting combinations of scale and complexity. You will also work with Growth teams in Jakarta and Singapore as well.