Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Director of Sales Enablement
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
NEW YORK CITY (OR REMOTE)
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative and engaging Director of Sales Enablement o help us support and scale Attentive’s rapidly growing Sales team. This role is an exciting opportunity to own the build out of our day-to-day and long-term Sales enablement strategy.
You will be responsible for enablement for our Sales go-to-market strategy in addition to owning training on general sales and sales management skills, company, industry and product-specific initiatives. You will be focused on onboarding in addition to continuing education for the entire Sales team. He/She will build and implement the sales curriculum design through the use of Sales learning tools and systems to ensure our client facing teams are developing the skills and knowledge needed to be “best in class.” He/She will ensure the Sales team is confident and consistent with the company's go-to-market positioning and content. As Director, you will ensure alignment and ongoing collaboration cross-functionally to help our teams develop, drive, and support key initiatives across the company. He/She will work closely with sales leadership, Sales Operations, Marketing, Client Strategy and Product Marketing teams to enhance our go-to-market effectiveness.
This role will report to the Sales Operations and Strategy team.
- Lead the development and delivery of a sales enablement and training curriculum that addresses knowledge and skill gaps and drives the success of the Sales organization
- Design and implement comprehensive onboarding programs for various sales teams, incorporating well-defined quantitative and qualitative success metrics such as time to ramp and time to effectiveness
- Work closely with Product Marketing and the sales team to maintain sales tools and the sales tool repository, including: customer presentations, competitive information and customer success stories
- Own and develop relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders for the seamless rollout of new marketing initiatives as well as product roll-outs and enhancements
- Act as a trusted advisor to our Sales leadership team, partnering to identify opportunities for sales process and performance improvements
- Attend or listen to recorded sales calls to ensure adoption of best practices and identify areas of improvement or new best practices for feedback to Product Marketing on positioning or sales leadership on sales process
- Establish and maintain formal and informal key performance indicators to track effectiveness of the sales training program, sales tools and initiatives, including sales velocity and adoption or utilization
- Prioritize build and development of learning solutions for key stakeholder and business needs, while iterating existing learning solutions as needed
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales training, sales enablement or coaching of sales reps or sales managers, preferably in the SaaS software space
- Experience in Learning Management Systems, Sales Methodologies and Instructional Design experience
- Innovative, energetic, entrepreneurial self-starter who has experience taking initiative and owning end-to-end deliverables in a fast-paced, multi-priority, ambiguous environment
- Excellent public speaking skills with strong presence and ability to command the room as well as engage remote teams
- Strong ability to create and facilitate presentations and workshops across multiple topics to audiences of varying roles and tenure
- Strong credibility, interpersonal and team building skills; ability to influence and drive change across functional teams, specifically Sales, Marketing, Client Strategy and Product/Engineering
- Deep experience in supporting sales organizations, sales processes, sales methodologies, and strategy and can be a trusted advisor to sales leadership
- Strong project and program management skills with a track record of developing winning strategies and converting them into clear plans for execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a successful track record of presenting to audiences of multiple levels
- Keen attention to detail, high degree of accountability and integrity
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.