Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world’s leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We are looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it. We are searching for a Senior Network Engineer to embed within our IT SRE community to help design, develop, manage and run a robust set of high-speed networks to both support our physical office locations as well as the connectivity between and our onramps to our cloud centric datacenters.
- Apply networking knowledge and experience to provide troubleshooting and operational support for data center, campus, cloud, and wan networks.
- Perform complex network administration to configure, operate, and maintain switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and other commodity network equipment.
- Design and implement wan, campus, and data center networks utilizing modern networking technologies including technologies such as eVPN, VXLan, BGP,
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including SDN, SDWAN, TCP/IP, BGP, ECMP, OSPF, MPLS, HSRP and VRRP.
- Apply the principles of Zero Trust methodologies to the architecture and design of our core network infrastructure.
- Partner with our Information Security team to implement comprehensive network security architectures, policies, and monitoring.
- Diagnose, resolve, and document highly complex network problems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment, with multiple and competing priorities, while managing to maintain sound judgement and excellent customer service.
- Architect, build, and run solutions that facilitate access to our services using Zero Trust methodologies.
- Design and implement network automation, management, and monitoring.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with Palo Alto Networks (PAN) firewalls and Aruba switches and networking hardware.
- Experience with AWS networking services including VPC peering, transit gateway, direct connect, VPN, ALB/ELB, security groups, and the associated best practices regarding design and implementation.
- Knowledge and experience specifying, setting up, configuring and securing IEEE 802.11 wireless networking equipment to include wireless access points, and controllers, principally those from Aruba.
- 5+ years experience in high speed LAN / WAN networking
- Experience with decision-making and setting technical direction
- Ability to work in a safety-first yet fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or the equivalent combination of technical training and related experience.
- AWS Certifications including: AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty
- Scripting / programming in BASH / Python or other automation experience.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day. We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Greylock and Index Ventures.