Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a Proposal Copyeditor to join our team. This person will be self-motivated; a critical thinker who can work collaboratively to edit smart copy; and someone who can translate complicated concepts and government policies into a simple persuasive message. The Proposal Copyeditor will be involved in editing content to concisely capture the Bird style, voice and intent while retaining nuance and meaning. You will be responsible for helping Bird win. This person will craft and spearhead our responses for competitive procurement domestically and internationally.
- Edit Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) and other external facing documents to help Bird win the right to operate in cities around the world.
- Help maintain RFP content library
- Understand, develop and communicate the Bird brand voice and style to ensure coherence and consistency across RFP’s and external facing documents
- Partner with cross functional teams in editing blog posts, press releases, policy briefs and other city-centric collateral
- Create content for a variety of different audiences and functions
- Juggle multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment
- Own your work from start to finish; able to work independently while also supporting the greater team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Political Science, or a related field
- Strong writing and editing skills with proven work to showcase
- 3+ years of experience in editing and proofreading
- Examples of writing and editing required
- Journalism experience preferred
- Experience working with city or local governments preferred
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in ambiguity in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Policy and knowledge of micromobility industry a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.