productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
At Productboard, we’re experiencing a period of incredible growth. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to work closely with our leadership team. We’re looking for a passionate legal professional that can help prioritize legal issues for Productboard, identify any potential legal issues in the company’s upcoming initiatives, and work on transactional matters on behalf of the business. The ideal candidate will be an attorney with extensive experience in corporate, commercial, and other strategic transactions. As the first in-house legal counsel at the company, you will have an opportunity to wear multiple hats and build out and streamline processes to support the legal needs of a rapidly scaling startup.
This is a high-impact role that requires someone who can build rapport and earn trust across the organization. If you thrive in a fast-paced and analytically rigorous environment at a company that is deeply committed to diversity of all kinds, we’d love to talk to you.
On a typical day, you will …
- Build the legal foundation and provide counsel on a broad range of topics and lead the Company in matters involving legal issues.
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements: primarily enterprise SaaS sales and commercial contracts.
- Identify the need for, and participate in the definition and development of policies, procedures and programs which address areas of risk and ensure compliance with the law
- Ensure the delivery of quality, timely and cost-efficient legal services.
- Develop and implement protocols, infrastructure and systems to manage legal matters as appropriate for a U.S.-based corporation, which operates internationally.
- Engage and oversee work of outside counsel.
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience, JD from an accredited law school required.
- Experience with SaaS business model preferred.
- Understanding of, and experience with, HIPAA, HITECH and EU Data Protection regulations and directives a plus.
- Able to convey strong and prompt communication while consistently adapting and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly collaborative and able to organize and manage projects across multiple teams.
- Quick learning self-starter with an outstanding record and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Tactful with strong internal and external negotiating skills
- Detail oriented, well-organized and technically adept.
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where people feel empowered, supported, and included. Where trust and transparency are built into the way we work. And where creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day.
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our people of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile for more info about life at Productboard.