IT System Administrator works with the team to design, build, deploy, and operate corporate infrastructure. The candidate will work on configuration of the full infrastructure stack:operating systems, backend systems, and systems applications. You would gather requirements, investigate and analyze the feasibility of solutions and develop system specifications to meet identified requirements. This will include identifying technologies, products, procedures, to deliver effective solutions.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Ensure services performance and availability are within the service level objective
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse
- Develop procedures, programs and documentation for backup / restoration or replication of host operating systems and host-based applications to achieve business continuity objectives
- Maintain DNS, DHCP, and other networking services
- Role Based Access, Access Management
- Collaborate with other team members in the administration of IT Infrastructure including, but not limited to Active Directory, Okta, VMware, NetApp storage systems and anti-virus security solutions
- Participate in team on-call rotation
What you'll bring
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Involvement with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery processes
- Experience with scaling IT Infrastructure at fast growing tech companies
- Positive, can-do attitude and teamwork
- Preferred skills: Installation, configuration, maintaining, troubleshooting, and monitoring corporate infrastructure including hardware, software, real-time monitoring tools, peripherals, and devices ensuring effective performance and proper integration of components and systems with existing architecture
- DevOps mindset with scripting/automation skills
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server
- Microsoft SQL server
- Okta Identity Provider
- VMware vSphere
- NetApp storage systems
- Atlassian applications
- GitHub. Bitbucket
- Python, Powershell, bash
- Automation tools
- TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP network concepts and operation
- Monitoring and Logging Solutions: Nagios, New Relic, Sumo Logic
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
- Senior Project Manager, Marketing Sunnyvale, CA, US
- Sr. Associate Scientist / Scientist I, Protein Engineering South San Francisco, CA, US
- Sr. Associate Scientist / Scientist I, Flow Cytometry South San Francisco, CA, US
- Senior Manager, Competitive Intelligence Sunnyvale, CA, US