Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
New Jersey - Remote
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our home visit programs are designed to improve care and outcomes for our members. Clover wants to take accountability for our members' healthcare journeys and provide high-quality personalized care that is consistent with members' values and preferences.
This role is temporarily remote due to COVID-19 but will transition back to geo-targeted in-home visits when clinically appropriate post pandemic, likely in 2021.
As a Medical Assistant for our home visit programs you will:
- Assist Physicians or Nurse Practitioners in conducting in-home primary care visits for our most medically complex members as part of our In-Home Care program
- Assist Nurse Practitioners in conducting yearly health assessments as part of our Clover Care Visit program.
- Assist Nurse Practitioners in conducting post-hospitalization transitional care visits as part of our Readmission Prevention Program.
- Assist our Physicians and Nurse Practitioners in conducting Telehealth visits, including helping our members’ use Telehealth platforms. In some cases we provide delivery and pick up of tablet computers to help our members who do not have access to these devices engage in Telehealth visits with our clinical teams.
- Ensure that visits align with our program goals, including promotion of high quality of care and accurate documentation of member risk.
- Provide care that is compassionate, timely, evidence-based, and improves outcomes.
- Interact directly with the patient during in-home and Telehealth visits, including but not limited to:
- Collecting and documenting demographic information, care preference information, medication-related information, environmental information, vital signs, and other information as directed by the Physician or NP.
- Independently perform point of care tests in the home including obtaining urine samples, fingerstick, etc. based on gaps in care
- Communicate in-home test findings to physicians and NPs for interpretation and escalate abnormalities in real-time to allow for timely intervention
- Review required consent forms with the patient and obtain necessary signaturesTranslate for the patient, caregiver, family members, and/or physician/NP
- Communicate with the member’s support team answering frequently asked questions in English or Spanish as needed.
- Maintain medical supplies for home visits.
- Conduct follow-up phone calls to members regarding point-of-care testing reminders, making and attending referral appointments, etc.
- Remain with the Physician or Nurse Practitioner at all times during each visit.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and self-improvement.
- Attend and participate in regular, ongoing interdisciplinary meetings and trainings both in person and remotely.
- Physical Demands – ability to perform tasks involving standing, walking, lifting, climbing at least 3 flights of stairs, moderate physical effort, maneuvering patients, occasionally must reach above head and carry up to 50 lbs of equipment
- Work Environment/Hazards – exposure to communicable diseases, blood and blood products, illness, sharp instruments and needles, and electricity when in clinical areas. Ability to work in the member's home and office setting as needed. Ability to travel various distances to member’s homes.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about helping others and being a patient, positive, and collaborative leader.
- You love clinical care with the goal of providing the best outcomes for older and frail patients.
- You are humble and understand that as a manager of people, you are there to serve and support others
- You can distill the needs of your patients and team members down to actionable improvements that can be made in Clover's product or procedures. And, you can do it while fiercely protecting the privacy and rights of our members.
- You are nimble, and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity and speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- Medical Assistant certification from accredited program, required
- High School Graduate/GED/Equivalent Work or Vocational/Technical School/Diploma, required. Associate Degree preferred
- 2-3 years related work experience in the home, required. 3-5 years related work experience, preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or within 30 days of hire, required
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Spanish, both orally and in writing, required
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner, required
- Basic proficiency in computer use, required; EMR experience, eClinicalWorks preferred
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed, required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with members and colleagues alike
- Valid New Jersey driver's license required
- Proficient in taking vital signs, drawing blood, updating medical records, preparing members for exams, doing basic laboratory work and facilitating treatment
- You are comfortable walking up at least 3 flights of stairs and carrying up to 50 lbs of equipment, as some residences may not have elevators.
- You are comfortable working with members of diverse social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.