Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier's mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce & community experiences online. We’re hiring talented and experienced engineers to join our growing and collaborative team to build the future of beauty e-commerce. We’re hiring a Senior Software Engineer for our Operations Systems team, responsible for Glossier’s supply chain and fulfillment infrastructure. You'll join a growing team of engineers and product managers with the mission of building services that enable Glossier's operations to scale. Your work will empower Glossier to deliver physical products ever-more quickly and efficiently.
As an Engineer at Glossier, you will architect and build scalable and performant applications using engineering best practices. As an experienced leader, you will closely work with other engineers, managers, product, design and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will drive engineering and operational excellence across Glossier. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices. You will also support, mentor and help other engineers in the team.
6 Month Expectations:
- Become proficient in our environment and learn how our systems work together to support our public website
- Contribute to the migration of services from a monolithic architecture to microservices based architecture
- Help your team ship major projects, like a new inventory tracking service to improve warehouse operations and improving the accuracy of delivery dates
12+ Month Expectations:
- Lead architectural discussions around the development of new services to improve inventory and fulfillment at Glossier
- Establish high-quality observability and documentation for the services your team is responsible for, including building dashboards, monitoring, logging, alerting, and quality metrics
- Develop healthy stakeholder relationships, and deep domain expertise in Operations at Glossier
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with building distributed systems with a cloud service-oriented architecture
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.