Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier's mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce & community experiences online. As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for driving Glossier's technical vision and architecture. You will focus on the hardest, open-ended problems, and build high quality & architecturally sound systems. Your expertise is deep and broad allowing you to produce both hands-on technical work and high-level architectural designs. You will establish the standards for engineering excellence at Glossier. Principal engineers are leaders & mentors and set examples for the entire engineering community to elevate our team's culture and effectiveness.
6 Month Expectations:
- Assess & develop the long-term technical strategy & architecture for Glossier.com
- Collaborate with engineering & business leaders and build a roadmap to deliver the next generation architecture
- Lead & deliver key business-critical initiatives across eCommerce, physical stores & operations teams
- Drive engineering, operational excellence & quality best practices
- Review architecture & design proposals from engineering teams
12+ Month Expectations:
- Assess green-field opportunities and provide technical insights
- Partner with engineering leaders to hire and develop top engineering talent
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 9+ years of software development experience and 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Track record of designing and delivering large-scale, high quality systems and software products, preferably for consumer businesses
- Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset, thriving at the intersection of technology and business
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.