Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Palo Alto, CA, US
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. You will join the Marketing team and bring a great work ethic, positive energy and a desire to build your career while working with a great team. We are building a high-performing team, focused on providing value to our customers, creating Aurora’s brand, and quickly delivering results with a strong sense of urgency and accountability. This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
- Exceptional writing skills; creative, thoughtful and passionate about storytelling
- Passion for Autonomous Vehicles; learning about the technology, how the industry is evolving and the impact the technology can offer
- Self-starter; able to run with multiple projects at a time, with minimal direction
- Intellectually curious; observant, eager to listen, learn and ask questions
- Flexible, adaptable and open: able to juggle multiple projects at once and un-phased by change
- Bias to action; ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
- Detail oriented; editorial eye for clarity and grammatical errors
- Cross Functional All-star; ability to work seamlessly with teams and vendors
- Creative storytelling; experience in partnering with a creative team to use to visuals to complement and enhance messaging
- Able to take complex information and communicate it clearly in compelling language for target audiences
- Able to think holistically about the narrative across all communication channels
- Excellent at prioritization and handling multiple projects at once
- Desire to amplify both internal and external branding
- Love of branding and brand tonality
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing
- Strong writing background, with experience writing, editing, and proofreading content
- Experience writing short and long-form content for different channels, including blogs, websites, and social media
- Proven track record in content development across multiple formats for multiple audiences
- Customer-centric mentality, ability to understand the customer’s needs and challenges and translate them into compelling content
- Proficiency in content management system (such as Contenful or Prismic)
- Sharp attention to detail with exceptional communication and editing skills
- Demonstrable organizational skills and excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
Working at Aurora
- Your work has real purpose and will improve lives all around the world. Our technology will increase roadway safety, expand access to transportation, revitalize our cities, and create a new platform for people to enjoy next generation experiences in transportation.
- We're a growing team of incredibly smart and very fun people you'll likely enjoy being around.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson developed MIT'S Intelligent CoPilot, then led the team that delivered Tesla Autopilot. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.