Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. The marketing team is responsible for everything visual, marketing, and brand-related for internal and external facing projects of all sizes. If you are passionate about design, self-driving technology, and want to help build a world class brand with safety at its core—this is the role for you. If you’re someone who loves the quick pace and small team environment of a fast-growing tech startup we’d love to connect with you.
- Work closely with the art director to bring creative concepts and solutions to life across all channels in the company
- Meet with stakeholders and/or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Create and design a variety of materials for print and digital collateral such as logos, social media campaigns, blog visuals, apparel, event spaces, website graphics, and promotional print pieces
- Ensure projects are completed to a high standard of quality and on schedule
- Ownership of multiple projects and responsible for meeting design specifications, timeline requirements and budget goals
- Design compelling slide decks for speaker keynotes, B2B presentations, and company events
- Incorporate changes recommended by stakeholders/art director into the final design
- Review designs for errors and accuracy prior to printing or publishing
- Ability to present design concepts to stakeholders in an engaging manner
- Assist with the organization and upkeep of digital assets
- Minimum 7 years experience in a graphic design role or related field
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or related field
- Compelling portfolio of relevant projects that demonstrate creativity and proficiency
- High creative aptitude, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to work cross-functionally and partner across multiple teams
- Superb attention to detail and passion for branding, typography, illustration, iconography
- Comfortable owning multiple projects from concept to execution
- Strong presentation skills and ability to tell a story visually
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work in fast paced, scaling environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Intellectual curiosity, great listener, and fast learner
- Must be able to accept and respond positively to constructive feedback
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Highly organized and motivated
- Video editing and motion graphics software and skills
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Photo retouching & image manipulation experience
- Knowledge of 3D rendering software and skills
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson developed MIT'S Intelligent CoPilot, then led the team that delivered Tesla Autopilot. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.